The Collaborative Laboratory ProChild CoLAB against Poverty and Social Exclusion is a research institution aiming to develop a national strategy against child poverty and social exclusion, framed in a transdisciplinary and multi-level scientific approach, articulating the public and private sectors, linking academics and professionals in the field, and actively contributing to public policies based on scientific evidence.
ProChild CoLAB seeks to promote an effective social change in Portugal by placing children at the center of research and innovation through an articulated intersectorial collaboration around evidence-based and technology-supported social intervention programs. Thus, ProChild CoLAB proposes an integrated, articulated and scientific-based intervention, with clear metrics for the evaluation of the implementation and results, in order to foster public policies based on scientific evidence.
The alliance between the social intervention and the technological innovation will allow a more efficient data collection and data analysis, and it will also impact the way in which information can be disseminated, and further used for tailored programs and other actions fittings children, families, professionals and stakeholders needs.
By relying on a multidisciplinary and multilevel approach, ProChild CoLAB aims to break the cycle of poverty and to promote children’s rights and well-being.
The main goals of the ProChild CoLAB are:
- development and management of multidisciplinary research and technological innovation projects in the area of child poverty and social exclusion;
- development, implementation and evaluation of intervention programs and other actions in the area of child poverty and social exclusion;
- offer scientific training for professionals and other agents in the field of childhood;
- development of scientific-based guidelines and recommendations for public policies and other advocacy actions against child poverty and social exclusion; and
- development of projects and other initiatives to promote corporate social responsibility.